Customizing Mobile Express
After you have properly installed Mobile Express, there are a few tasks you need to perform to properly customize Mobile Express for your users. Make sure you are signed on to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM application with a user account that has the System Customizer or System Administrator security role.
The Go Mobile privilege allows you to access Mobile Express. This privilege is enabled by default for each security role. To prevent users from accessing Mobile Express, you need to disable Go Mobile in all security roles assigned to that user.
If a user’s security role gives him access to an entity in MS CRM, they will have the same permissions in Mobile Express.
How you can Customize Mobile Express
In your main Dynamics CRM application, in the Settings area, select Customization, and then click Customize Mobile Express.
- Select the set of entities you want to enable in Mobile Express from the Available Entities list.
Note: Not all Microsoft Dynamics CRM entities are available in Mobile Express.
Tip: As you evaluate which entities and attributes you want to make available to mobile devices, consider the screen size and usage goals for your users.
- Select Add.
- For each entity you selected, customize the attributes that will be available on the Mobile Express form:
- In the Selected Entities list, double-click the entity.
- Select the attributes you want to be visible on the Mobile Express form from the Available Attributes list, and then click Add.
Required attributes are automatically listed in the Selected Attributes list; they cannot be removed.
- (Optional) Change the order in which the entities are listed by using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
Tip: When you define and organize Mobile Express attributes, consider which are expected to be used most frequently and place them at the top.
- Select Save and Close.
- To publish all entities, click Publish All, or to publish selected entities, select specific entities in the Selected Attributes list, and then click Publish.
Crucial Detail for Customizing Mobile Express
When users publish customizations, remember that there is only one “master” publishing mechanism that always publishes Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Mobile Express together. Using the Publish All button in Mobile Express will publish all changes to not only Mobile Express entities, but will also publish any pending changes to the same entities in the main Microsoft Dynamics CRM environment. The reverse is also true: publishing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM will also publish entities in Mobile Express.
- Note: After you have customized Mobile Express, you need to provide the following access information to your users:
- Access Mobile Express by using a mobile Web browser to navigate to https://<CRM_server>/m where <CRM_server> is the path to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM server.
- Sign in using a valid Microsoft Dynamics CRM account.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM vs Salesforce.com
Click here to download our Free Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Analysis.
Topics addressed include:
- Salesforce.com vs Microsoft CRM
- Pros and Cons of SaaS vs On-premise CRM
- Crucial User Adoption Factors
- Total Cost of Ownership of Microsoft CRM
Free CRM Tool to Compare Systems
Click here to access and download our Free Excel CRM Comparison Tool.
With this tool, you will be able to identify the key similarilites and differences between 9 of the top CRM systems, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Sage SalesLogix, GoldMine, Sage ACT!, Pivotal and more.
Comparison Topics include:
- Key CRM Features
- Pricing (Licensing, etc..)
- Available Modules (e.g. SFA, Marketing, Service, etc)
- Feature Details (Sync, Call Center, Quoting, E-commerce, Lead Management, Security, Workflow, and much more.
- Hardware and Network support (Microsoft, Linux, etc…)
Salesforce vs Dynamics CRM 2011 Review Webinars
Join us for our webinar series as we explore the points outlined below – and hope to provide you valuable insight about this top-rated CRM solution. We hope that our comparison with Salesforce.com will help you on in your CRM evaluation.
Search terms for Compare CRM:
- CRM 2011 disable mobile express
- how to disable mobile express from crm 2011
- how to disable button in crm 2011 mobile form
- disable mobile in microsoft crm 2011
- customize crm2011 mobile express
- crm 2011 turn off mobile
- hide attribute in mobile forms in crm 2011
- how to switch mobile express version to desktop version in mscrm 2011
- how to do customization in crm 2011 for mobile
- how to disable mobile express for ms crm 2011