ACT vs Salesforce.com: The Truth
In some cases, Salesforce provides a clear advantage – this is particularly true when the key requirement is a cloud-based solution.
Microsoft CRM is very different looking – and usually wins out when the key requirement is Outlook integration.
Salesforce vs ACT – CRM Comparison
Salesforce does have the reputation of enticing new customers with a low price point and then requiring pricing upgrades to achieve a more realistic feature set. However, Sage ACT! takes the approach of providing an inexpensive cost point that does not need to be upgraded or subscribed to on a monthly or annual basis.
When users decide to leave the hosting environment, ACT! offers system installation as an inexpensive option. Salesforce does not offer such capability. Email broadcasting is another function that is shared by both CRM packages, although Salesforce limits the usage with 500 daily emails for every user. On the other hand, Sage ACT! allows for 1000 emails per day for their base model.
Comparing ACT and Salesforce cost
Salesforce may look attractive in the beginning with its seemingly low, upfront cost. But over the lifetime of the solution, the punitive charges for additional subscriptions, access, and basic services start to add up!
Salesforce charges you heavily as your requirements grow. For example, group does not accommodate more than 5 users, and if you want to add a 6th, you are forced to jump subscription levels and go from $8.25 per month for group Edition to the $65.00 per user per month for professional Edition-that’s over a 750% increase.
ACT provides a simple pricing structure so there are no nasty surprise down the line. ACT customers benefit from a low total cost of ownership with most paying the equivalent of between $20 and $30 per user per month over the lifetime of the solution.
Here’s another number that may grab your attention. On average,a company with 25 ACT users will save over $50,000 compared to Salesforce.
Salesforce Review: It makes it difficult for companies to truly leverage the business value of their application.
Salesforce imposes a crippling range of limitations and usage restrictions across their versions, and access will cost you. Did you know?
Offline access is not available for Salesforce Group Edition and is an extra cost option for Professional Edition, increasing the cost to $90 per user per month.
Data storage is limited to only 20MB for each user. After that, you will have to pay $1,500 per year for 500MB.
- Unlike Salesforce, Sage ACT! gives you full flexibility and control over the usage and access of your software and customer data.
- ACT! Premium allows users to continue using their application in the same, consistent manner offline as online, and will automatically synchronize when reconnected—all at no additional cost.
Key features of ACT
- · User interface enhancements
- · Social Media
- · E-Marketing, Mail-Merge and Online Surveys
- · Sales Opportunity redesign
- · Flexible Reporting, Dashboard and OLEDB interface
- · Advanced Outlook Integration and Invitations
- · Advanced Outlook Sync for Contacts and Calendar
- · Simplified Importing design
- · Smart Tasks (Workflow)
- · Advanced Lead Management and Importing
- · Administrative improvements
Free Sage ACT! Feature Evaluation
Click to download the Free Sage ACT! Feature Assessment.
With this evaluation, you will be empowered to identify the key enhancements within Sage ACT!.
- User Interface improvements
- Social Media integration
- E-Marketing Campaign options
- Mail-Merge with Microsoft Word
- Configuring Web Surveys
- Sales Opportunity redesign
- Advanced Report options
- ACT Dashboard improvements
- OLEDB interface redesign for reporting into Excel
- Improved Outlook Integration
- Microsoft Outlook Invitations
- Advanced Outlook Sync for Calendar
- Google Contact Options
- Improved Importing design
- Smart Tasks features
- Automation options
- Improved Lead Management
- Administrative improvement
The “Cost of Doing Business” vs. the “Cost TO Your Business … – (I know this is a tough comparison with the Salesforce pricing, since so many US companies do charge higher prices in Europe – but I think that is beginning to end across the board and salesforce is a bit behind the times …
Pricing Pages for 5 Popular CRM Applications | Master Your Tools – To that end, we’ve captured the pricing page for 5 of the most popular CRM web app products for businesses. Now you can quickly compare features and prices in one place. Salesforce. Salesforce Pricing Page. Capsule …
Search terms for Compare CRM:
- Powered by Article Dashboard compare handhelds (79)
- Powered by Article Dashboard in the act (55)
- Powered by Article Dashboard performance management system (21)
- act crm vs salesforce (17)
- act versus salesforce (14)
- Powered by Article Dashboard provides sales forecasting (10)
- sales force vs act (2)
- Salesforce CRM Pricing (2)
- salesforce act comparision (1)
- 2014 comparison of act and goldmine crm software (1)
Read more about Mark on our About Us page. Google
Latest posts by Mark Shaw (see all)
- Microsoft CRM vs Salesforce – Review and CRM Comparison - May 13, 2014
- What Mobile Express Does and Doesn’t Do - April 19, 2014
- Capsule CRM vs Highrise CRM – Comparison and Review - March 5, 2014