Sage Act Drop Downs!
In our world today, spell check has bred a bit of laziness in our typing. Even as I compose this, I am allowing my editor to “suggest” words for my typos. But in a CRM solution like ACT! By Sage 2012, your data will suffer from this new age laziness if you don’t do something about it. Imagine: you and your team are focusing on your CEOs in your database. Little did you know, you team has taken some liberties in this field. Just scanning through your Contact List View, you see CEO, C.E.O., Chief Exec Off, Chief Executive Officer, and a number of variations due to misspellings. What a nightmare! We can help clean up the data after the fact, but wouldn’t it have been nice to put it in cleanly?
Two words: Drop Downs!
- Drop downs ensure correct spelling which gives you consistent data which gives you improved Lookups.
- Drop downs save time by allowing Type Ahead.
- Drop downs are simple to use.
In each of my ACT Training classes, I implore the class to pay attention to the drop downs.
- If there is a Drop Down, Use It.
- If it’s not on the Drop Down, Add it.
- If there is no Drop Down, Make One.
Don’t know how to do this? We can help.
Blog Archive » The Lost Sales – Causes and Remedies – You can’t expect to get the sale 100% of the time. Sometimes the sale is lost to conditions beyond your control. But it does help to understand more about those deals that slip through your fingers when they just may have …
Sistema CRM in business to boost sales | My Site – Sistema CRM provides a bunch except they exercised to be so costly that the costs far overshadowed the advantages. In the past if you buy hosted CRM system (sistema) that you had to compensate for a licensing fee, internal server …
Read more about Mark on our About Us page. Google
Latest posts by Mark Shaw (see all)
- Microsoft CRM vs Salesforce – Review and CRM Comparison - February 13, 2015
- Capsule CRM vs Highrise CRM – Comparison and Review - March 5, 2014
- Zoho CRM vs Highrise CRM – Review and Comparison - March 1, 2014