The Admin Wizard within the SugarCRM Administration Guide displays when you log into Sugar for the first time after installation. This wizard guides you through the process of branding, localizing, and configuring email settings in Sugar that will be applicable to all users in your organization. You can skip this step if you prefer to do it at a later time.
Setting Up SugarCRM Users
You can be a Sugar System Administrator, or a user with or without module-specific administration or developer privileges.
A System Administrator is a user who has access to all Sugar records and full control over administering and developing the application.
Module administration privileges allow users to have administrator access to records or to have control over the customization and administration of the modules. The System Administrator can grant this type of access to a user to allow the individual to manage a specific module. For more information, see Role Management.
When you log into Sugar as an administrator, the Admin link displays on the top right corner of your page. Click this link to view the Administration page. The Administration page displays sections that group tasks according to the area of administration.
Specifying system-wide settings in the Wizard
Please follow the steps listed below to specify system-wide settings for SugarCRM:
Click Next on the Welcome to Sugar screen to view the Branding screen. The Sugar logo, which is the default, displays as the current logo.
Enter the following information:
- Name. Enter the name that you want displayed in the title bar of your browser.
- Select Logo. Specify the image file, in .png or .jpg format, containing your organization’s logo.
- Click Browse to navigate to the file’s location and upload it. The recommended size of the logo is 212×40 pixels.
Click Next to view the System Locale Settings page.
Specify the default settings for displaying data format, such as time, date, and currency. To change the default language in Sugar for all users in your organization, select the language pack from the Language drop-down list.
Click Next to view the SMTP Server Specification page.
Specify the email account to send emails to Sugar users regarding assignment notifications and new user passwords.
- In order to use Gmail, click Gmail, and enter the email address and password.
- In order to use Yahoo, click Yahoo, and enter the email address and password.
- In order to use Microsoft Exchange, click Exchange, and enter the server name and port number. To enter SMTP over SSL or TLS, select the appropriate option from the drop-down list. Optionally, to use SMPT authentication, enter the Exchange username and password.
- If you are not using any of the above, please click Other, and enter the name of the SMTP server, and optionally, enter the appropriate username and password for SMPT authentication.
To ensure that you can successfully send emails, please click Send Test Email and check if the test email was received at the specified email address.
- In order to exit the screen and begin using Sugar, click Finish. This displays your Home page in Sugar.
To configure your user preferences, click Continue. For information on configuring User Preferences, see
- Accessing Sugar and setting your User Preferences.
To view options to perform other administrative functions such as creating users and teams, click the Admin link on the top right corner of your page to go to the Administration page.
Sage ACT! Feature Review of Features
Click here to download our Sage ACT! 2012 Feature Evaluation.
With this PDF, you will be empowered to identify the chief improvements within ACT! 2012
- User interface enhancements
- Social Media
- Online Surveys
- Sales Opportunity redesign
- Flexible Reporting
- Dashboard and OLEDB interface
- Advanced Outlook Integration
- Outlook Invitations
- Advanced Outlook Sync for Contacts and Calendar
- Simplified Importing design
- Smart Tasks / Automation
- Advanced Lead Management and Importing
- Administrative improvements
- and much more.
Search terms for Compare CRM:
- Powered by Article Dashboard management program
- Powered by Article Dashboard yahoomail sign in page
- sugar crm setting up user
- sugarcrm mail merge enable admin
- sugarcrm SMTP Server Specification gmail
- sugarscreen com loc:US