Microsoft CRM Licensing Costs come in two different flavors.
- The first is MS CRM 2011 On-Premise. This licensing is a bit more expensive and is the latest generation after Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- The second flavor is MS CRM 2011 Online. To be clear, this is where Microsoft is focusing most of their attention. They have decent market share with the on-premise product. But they are now going toe to toe with Salesforce.com in competing for the SaaS market.
Interestingly, in the calendar year 2011, Microsoft noticed that their client base shifted from 80% onsite licensing to 80% online. In one year! Unbelievable. And the trend is continuing.
Pricing for CRM Online Subscription/License
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online is subscription based and is simply priced at $44/month per user. One nice feature in their pricing is that the customer can pay on a monthly ongoing basis. This is different from other top competitors such as Salesforce.com.
Additional Microsoft CRM storage can be purchased for $9.99 per gigabyte per month. Thus, increasing your storage by 10GB is fairly inexpensive – $99.90 per month…not bad for the ability to use this as a virtual DMS (Document Management System). In fact, it might be of interest to simply connect your online CRM to Office 365 SharePoint. You get more storage and the use of the best DMS available.
License Costs of CRM On-Premise
MS CRM Workgroup includes the server license and allows for up to 5 users. This is priced at $2,100. MS Enterprise Server also requires a CAL for each user and costs $4,100. MS Client Access License (CAL) is $795, and the configuration requires an Enterprise CRM server license.
To simplify things, if you want to go with On-Premise, simply calculate with roughly $6000 for the Server License plus $1000 per User. And then you own the software! You can renew at any time.
Don’t forget though to add in another $5000 for a good-quality hardware server as well as some IT staffing or implementation costs to configure this for you.
Click here to download the official Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Pricing Guide. Beware, it is quite lengthy - getting into CAL pricing and many other options.
Our Conclusion regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM Pricing
Overall, the simplest way to price Microsoft CRM is by going with the Online version. This is simply $44 per user per month. That’s it. No servers, no CALs, no IT staff costs, etc… And you are up and running in hours.
Click here to access our Free Microsoft Dynamics CRM Analysis.
Topics addressed include:
- Salesforce.com vs Microsoft CRM
- Pros and Cons of SaaS vs On-premise CRM
- Crucial User Adoption Factors
- Total Cost of Ownership of Microsoft CRM
Free TCO Calculator for Comparing MS CRM with other CRM Systems
Click here to download our Free CRM TCO Calculator Tool.
With this tool, you will be able to identify the key TCO line items that are relevant for any CRM implementation. We have also included data for comparing CRM software systems such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Sage CRM, Sage SalesLogix and more. You will be able to view the 3 Year and 5 Year Total Cost of Ownership for both SaaS (Online/On-Demand) and Licensed (On-premise) pricing models.
Total Cost of CRM tool includes:
- Annual License/User price
- Hardware (incl. Server and Users)
- and much more.
Microsoft CRM vs Salesforce – On Demand Webinars
Join us as we explore the points outlined below – and hope to provide you valuable insight about this top-rated CRM solution. We hope that our comparison with Salesforce.com will help you on in your CRM evaluation.
Below is a youtube sneak peak into what you can expect in our webinar.
Tip: Integrating Microsoft CRM with SharePoint
Search terms for Compare CRM:
- Powered by Article Dashboard team dynamics (36)
- microsoft dynamics crm pricing (27)
- Powered by Article Dashboard grant application writing software (23)
- Powered by Article Dashboard off topic chatter (12)
- Powered by Article Dashboard microsoft server software (11)
- what is cost dynamics (1)
- upgrading licensing costs crm2011 to crm2013 (1)
- Pricing for Microsoft Dynamics CRM On-Premise 2011 (1)
- ms crm on premise per seat pricing (1)
- cost of crm 2011 (1)