Salesforce vs SugarCRM – Pricing and Comparison Review: More Customer Freedom in 2012 and 2013?
For the longest time, Salesforce.com has claimed that Salesforce Pricing lists are justified because of their features that no other CRM can seem to rival, much less be outdone by. But with the advent of Sugar, the options for every CRM user have increased dramatically.
Comparing the Strategies of Sugar and Salesforce
First of all, the sales strategy of Salesforce is to get the customer in the door at an inexpensive price. Then they will upsell the customer later as more and more features are required. Sugar gets you in at the introductory price of $35/user/month for the professional edition. And this pretty much covers 90% of the typically required features.
In essence, Salesforce penalizes you for being successful with your CRM deployment. If your CRM usage grows, you will need to keep moving up to more expensive editions. They realize that 3 years from now, it will likely be cheaper to stay on the more expensive version of Salesforce rather than migrating to a different CRM solution. That is what they are counting on. And price-wise, Salesforce is typically 2x to 4x more expensive than SugarCRM for similar functionality.
Deployment Options for Sugar and Salesforce
With SugarCRM, a client is given the freedom to deploy on-site, behind a firewall, without exposing to any risks that usually come with these types of deployment.
It becomes more versatile by the fact that users can now choose to deploy Sugar in public or private clouds such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, IBM Cloud, and others. These deployment options are not offered/provided by Salesforce – where you are literally “forced” into their pricing and database model.
Authentic Cloud Computing in Sugar vs Salesforce
The best thing about SugarCRM is that it offers its clients a truly genuine cloud computing system. This is the opposite of Salesforce.com which only offers one deployment option – a 10 year old hosting model where the user is required to share their database and environment with other Salesforce customers. This model is called the multi-tenant deployment model and is no longer used by other CRM systems on the market.
This is important because clients who are bound with the laws that require data privacy and legal or audit requirements are often required to maintain their CRM solution behind the firewall. This is a unique choice that clients can enjoy with SugarCRM and not with Salesforce.com. These are two of the top reasons that users say Sugar is better than Salesforce.
Salesforce vs SugarCRM Pricing
In this video I compare the features of SugarCRM with Salesforce. You will see the pricing and feature difference and will be in a position to evaluate which offers a better bang for the buck.
Salesforce vs SugarCRM Comparison – 5 Critical Criteria
- Let’s assume you want to integrate with other applications; build your own or download from SugarExchange
- - Let’s assume yoru new product requires a switch to on-site for compliance
- - Let’s assume your organization grows and you realize you need to manage workflow
- - Let’s assume your sales team grows and needs mobile capability
- - Let’s assume your business strategy shifts so you want to switch CRM systems
Download our Free SugarCRM Assessment
Click here to download our Free Sugar CRM Evaluation PDF.
With this assessment, you will be able to identify the key enhancements within Sugar CRM.
Topics addressed include:
- Calculated Fields
- Favorites and Favorites Dashlet
- Twitter and Social Media integration
- Reporting (filtering, scheduling)
- User interface improvements (there are many!)
- Sugar Mobile 1.0 details
- and much more.
Free TCO Calculation Tool for CRM Projects
Click here to access our Free CRM TCO Cost Calculator Tool.
TCO lines include:
- Annual License/User price
- Hardware (incl. Server and Users)
- and much more.
Search terms for Compare CRM:
- sugarcrm reviews
- sugar crm review
- compare salesforce sugarcrm
- comparison of salesforce and sugarcrm
- sugar crm reviews
- Salesforce Reviews CRM 2012
- compare sugarcrm to salesforce
- sugar crm vs salesforce 2013
- how does sugarcrm and salesforce compare?
- comparison between salesforce and sugarcrm