I will try to review a few reasons for staying on Sugar Community Edition rather than switching to SugarCRM Pro. Bear in mind that this article is written in a tongue-in-cheek manner. We at Accent Gold are convinced that Sugar Pro is possibly the best CRM bang-for-the-buck on the market. Yet some Community Edition users aren’t ready to upgrade. Here are several limitations of SugarCRM CE (Community Edition) and the Features you would get by switching to Sugar Professional.
Click here to download our detailed Feature Chart.
Comparison Video of Sugar Community vs Sugar Professional
Here is a comparison video we recently made that compares and contrasts the differences between SugarCRM Community Edition and SugarCRM Professional Edition.
We also created a video discussing the basic features of SugarCRM Professional.
Reasons to stay on SugarCRM Community:
Reason #1: Quoting is unimportant for your staff
By using the SugarCRM (Professional) Quote and Contract Management, all sales reps are able to generate accurate quotes with support for multiple line items, currencies and even tax codes. Quotes and contracts can then be delivered to customers using email, Word or PDF. Strong version control functionality helps to ensure that sales reps can easily manage multiple versions of quotes and contracts.
Reason #2: Free Support is absolutely meaningless to you
The Support provided by SugarCRM has proven itself to be top caliber. Sugar has doubled their Support staff over the last 6 months. And time and again, they have addressed and fixed bugs within hours. In my personal experience, Sugar support staff has been able to resolve my submitted cases within 2-4 hours.
We have found that Technical Support is absolutely essential for User Adoption! And this amazingly rapid response time has helped Sugar shoot to the top of the CRM marketplace. This is not to be underestimated.
Reason #3: Team Management means nothing to your team
Team Management in Sugar Professional lets firms create & manage teams based on factors such as job type, division, geography or other attributes. Once these roles are assigned, administrators are able to assign access rights to a given role in order to make sure that team members have access.
In our experience, just about every implementation of a CRM requires some sort of security and permissions strategy that includes Team Management. Don’t overlook this essential feature.
Click here to receive our Free Sugar Document.
With this free document, you will be empowered to identify the key enhancements within Sugar.
- Twitter and Social Media integration
- Calculated Fields
- Favorites and Favorites Dashlet
- Reporting (filtering, scheduling)
- User interface improvements (there are many!)
- Sugar Mobile 1.0 details
- and much more.
Click here for our Free CRM TCO Spreadsheet.
With this spreadsheet, users will be empowered to see the chief TCO line items that are key for any CRM implementation. We have also included data for comparing CRM software systems such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Sage CRM, Sage SalesLogix and more. You will be able to view the 3 Year and 5 Year Total Cost of Ownership for both SaaS (Online/On-Demand) and Licensed (On-premise) pricing models.
TCO items include:
- Annual License/User price
- Hardware (incl. Server and Users)
- and much more.
Spreadsheet Tool for Comparing CRM Software
Click here to receive our Excel CRM Comparison Tool.
With this spreadsheet, you will be able to view the key similarilites and differences between a number of the top CRM systems, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Sage SalesLogix, GoldMine, Sage ACT!, Pivotal and more.
- Key CRM Features
- Pricing (Licensing, etc..)
- Available Modules (e.g. SFA, Marketing, Service, etc)
- Feature Details (Sync, Call Center, Quoting, E-commerce, Lead Management, Security, Workflow, and much more.
- Hardware and Network support (Microsoft, Linux, etc…)
Search terms for Compare CRM:
- sugarcrm community edition review (29)
- sugarcrm community edition limitations (29)
- Powered by Article Dashboard the chief (15)
- Powered by Article Dashboard us open 2010 (13)
- sugar community edition review (2)
- crm community editon (1)
- sugarcrm contract management (1)
- SugarCRM Community Edition (1)
- sugar crm community edition (1)
- limitation of sugar customer relationship management (1)
Read more about Mark on our About Us page. Google
Latest posts by Mark Shaw (see all)
- Microsoft CRM vs Salesforce – Review and CRM Comparison - May 13, 2014
- What Mobile Express Does and Doesn’t Do - April 19, 2014
- Capsule CRM vs Highrise CRM – Comparison and Review - March 5, 2014