SugarCRM Review: Why You Should NOT subscribe to SugarCRM (Strengths/Weaknesses, Pros/Cons)
Reason #1: You are not looking for the best bang for your buck
SugarCRM Professional offers the most value per dollar – of just about every CRM available. Their “built in” feature set includes items such as:
- free access from any computer, be it MAC, PC or Linux
- free Workflow automation
- free Mobile access from any mobile device
- free Support to address any technical bug that you might encounter
- free ability to add your own Custom Module
- free Outlook Email integration
- free Outlook Task and Contact synchronization
- free and simple Reporting
- free Email sending of Reports
- free ability to place my Reports on my Dashboard
- free attaching of Documents
- free Field Calculations
- free ability to “conditionally” show and hide fields
- free Social Integration
- free access to “Inside View” data
- and a lot more
Reason #2: User Adoption is unimportant to your organization
When comparing the various CRM systems on the market, Sugar has the most simple User Interface. The screens are clean and simple. There is no extra clutter along the right and left side of the screen.
There are no extra, unnecessary items along the top or the bottom of the screen. And once your users understand the Detail View and the List View for one entity, they will understand that logic for all the other views.
Sugar’s simple, logical structure permeates the entire database. And this allows users to feel comfortable with the system after one hour of training.
Reason #3: You don’t care if your CRM vendor goes out of business in a year
SugarCRM is among the top 3 CRM providers for a reason – they have proven themselves! Even IBM has bought into their strategy – and named them their strategic alliance partner for Cloud CRM solutions.
Sugar’s cashflow and financial reports show a strong, healthy, and stable company that is going to be around for a long, long time! They have the money to keep investing in product development. Bottom line – I am reducing my risks by partnering with Sugar.
Free SugarCRM Evaluation Tool
Click here to download our Free Sugar CRM Evaluation.
With this Tool, readers will be able to identify the key enhancements within Sugar CRM.
Evaluation Topics addressed:
- Sugar Mobile 1.0 details
- Calculated Fields
- Favorites and Favorites Dashlet
- Twitter and Social Media integration
- Reporting (filtering, scheduling)
- User interface improvements (there are many!)
- and much more.
Free – TCO Calculation Tool for implementing CRM
Click here to download our Free CRM TCO Calculator.
By using this tool, readers will be able to identify the key TCO line items that are relevant for any CRM implementation. We have also included data for comparing CRM software systems such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Sage CRM, Sage SalesLogix and more. You will be able to view the 3 Year Total Cost of Ownership for both Subscription (Online/On-Demand) and Licensed (On-premise) pricing models.
TCO line items:
- Annual License/User price
- Hardware (incl. Server and Users)
- and much more.
Free Excel Spreadsheet to Compare multiple CRM Packages
Click here to download our CRM Package Comparison Tool.
With this spreadsheet, you will be able to identify the key similarilites and differences between 9 of the top CRM systems, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Sage SalesLogix, GoldMine, Sage ACT!, Pivotal and more.
Comparison Topics :
- Hardware and Network support (Microsoft, Linux, etc…)
- Key CRM Features
- Pricing (Licensing, etc..)
- Available Modules (e.g. SFA, Marketing, Service, etc)
- Feature Details (Sync, Call Center, Quoting, E-commerce, Lead Management, Security, Workflow, and much more.
Search terms for Compare CRM:
- cloud crm comparison (123)
- sugarcrm cons (16)
- sugarcrm pros cons (2)
- crm 2013 server side sync pros n cons (1)
- drawbacks implementing sugarcrm (1)
- sugarcrm vs salesforce pros and cons (1)
Read more about Mark on our About Us page. Google
Latest posts by Mark Shaw (see all)
- Microsoft CRM vs Salesforce – Review and CRM Comparison - May 13, 2014
- What Mobile Express Does and Doesn’t Do - April 19, 2014
- Capsule CRM vs Highrise CRM – Comparison and Review - March 5, 2014