- Windows 7
Sage ACT! 2010 Dashboard Data Chart Component
In ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0), a new Dashboard feature was introduced to the product line. This feature enabled users to use visual charts, graphs, gauges, and lists of Opportunity and Activity-related data. Similar to Layouts, Administrators are able to Design Dashboards for use by others in the database, allowing Filters specific to the type of data being reported, including the selection of Users and Types, etc. (Note that there are some Filter behavioral differences between ACT! and ACT! Premium products).
ACT! 2010 introduces a new Data Chart component to the Dashboard feature, which further enables the customization ability. There are two new stock Dashboards that are included with ACT! 2010, "ACT! Administrative Dashboard" and "ACT! Contacts Dashboard", which use the new Data Chart. An important technical note with this new Data Chart component is that it uses the ACT! OLE DB Reporting Provider v2.0 (also new in ACT! 2010) to provide the component data. In this article, we'll provide insight on how you can use the Data Chart to further customize your Dashboards in a whole new way!
Data Chart Key Features
- Utilizes the same and familiar Dashboard Designer to integrate the component
- Template-based configuration – Simply choose a Template from the drop-down
- Flexible Chart Display Types
- Display as Chart or List
- Auto Data configuration - Charting more than two values automatically creates a cross tab of the data with no additional configuration
- Auto Filtering Detection – Detects parameters added by the Administrator to the Dashboard component (in the SQL statement) to allow user filtering
Data Chart Implementation Details
Please Contact Us or call us at 888-774-4653 if you have any questions or concerns.