- Windows 7
Online Features – Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Accent Gold Solutions has successfully deployed on-premise and on-line versions of CRM for many businesses. Every business is different, and there's a wide variety of reasons some organizations prefer on-premise CRM deployment, and others prefer cloud-based or hosted CRM. But how do you choose?
Will the online version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM be a good fit for your business? It seems to clearly be the CRM strategy that Microsoft is pushing right now. In fact, when doing a TCO analysis of Microsoft's online vs. on-premise solution, it's a no-brainer. Online is the way to go.
You might still be wondering which deployment method for Microsoft Dynamics CRM will be the best. Watch our webinar on On-line vs. On-premise CRM in which we discuss the Pros and Cons of having an on-line CRM.
What is Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online?
This is Microsoft's Software plus Service model. With this offering, the user pays a monthly fee for the following services: (a) Microsoft installs and (b) maintains the server (c) including upgrades and backups.
Here are some of the key factors to consider when deciding between a on-premise or online CRM solution.
Generally, you would tend towards the online (cloud based) deployment if:
- You're new to CRM and want to get a full understanding of a leading CRM application before committing to an on-premise solution.
- You want to get up and running with Microsoft Dynamics CRM as quickly as possible.
- You have limited IT resources and staff.
- You want to be able to have the flexibility to convert to on-premise CRM in the future, should you need to.
- You want the peace of mind that your CRM system is managed and looked after as well as the infrastructure that the system is running on.
- You want to ensure your CRM software is protected by the very latest security and disaster recovery techniques.
- You want the benefits of a CRM system while concentrating on running your business (not running a CRM system).
- You want a system that you pay for monthly, and not a high up front investment.
- You want to reduce capital expenditure on IT systems, while increasing computing capacity and so business performance.
- You want a scalable system that can grow as your business grows, or scale down if you need to.
Whatever type of deployment you choose, and whether you are looking at Microsoft Dynamics CRM of any other CRM solution, we strongly recommend you talk to an independent CRM consulting firm before making a commitment.
A few of the Pros of Microsoft CRM Online
- No long implementation time. The rollout is almost immediate – because Microsoft configures and maintains the servers.
- No software installation is required, save the plug-in for MS Outlook
- No server purchase is required.
- Only $34 per user per month.
Cons of Hosted Microsoft CRM Online
- You are limited to 2,000 users
- Database size is limited to 20GB (Professional Plus) or 5GB (Professional)
- Custom Entities limited to 200 (Professional Plus) or 100 (Professional)
Please Contact Us or call us at 888-774-4653 if you have any questions or concerns.